St. John's Shield Herbal Flower Oil
St. John’s Shield is a marvelous balm to help build deeper structures of light and radiance in the body and soul. It is strongly indicated for “Seasonal Affective Disorder” and for related forms of depression and immobilization, when outer light is reduced. The strong light-bearing qualities of St. John’s Wort carry notable anti-viral and neuralgic qualities, beneficial for sciatica, shingles and carpal tunnel syndrome. Other conditions related to light-dark imbalance, such sleep disorders, or bedwetting in young children are also greatly assisted by St. John’s Shield.
Fresh flowering tops of St. John’s Wort are hand-gathered during the height of summer and solarized into organic almond oil until it turns a rich ruby red color. The essential oils of St. John’s Wort, Angelica, and Rose Geranium stimulate light-enhancing, spiritualizing qualities. The flower essences of Love-Lies-Bleeding, Borage and St. John’s Wort help the soul anchor inner light, buoyancy and serenity during times of depletion and depression.
- Use for “winter blues,” when feeling sluggish, immobilized or otherwise beset with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), due to reduced light
- Use for any states of sadness, anxiety, or fear – to help the body-soul make contact with its radiant source of inner light and strength
- Apply in compresses, massage or baths for peripheral nerve damage or other forms of neuralgia
- Use during any disruption of light-dark rhythms, such as insomnia-related travel, or seasonal change
- Use for metabolic sleep disturbances, such as bedwetting. Massage into the inner-thigh and bladder regions nightly, and apply warm compresses on the kidney and bladder areas.