Here's the Key to Well-being
Dusky rose, powdery lavender, the menthol of mint and eucalyptus, the warmth of ginger and nutmeg...
Simply stepping into Herbiary is a healing experience: you take a deep breath, relax a little, and remember your connection with the plants and trees and flowers.
But how does this translate to long-term well-being? How do plants help you stay healthy?
The number one question we get from newbies stopping by the shop:
Does this stuff work?
Sometimes the asker is skeptical, sometimes hopeful. Our answer is always the same: it works if you're consistent.
But consistency can be tough. How many squirts of foul tasting tincture do you really want to take a day? Swallowing pills every four hours? No thank you! It's fine when you're feeling ill, but very few of us want to sign-up for this as a daily wellness routine.
Which is why we've been thrilled with the herbal drink blends from Jahmu Chai and Fiery Golden Milk Powder. We're tea drinkers and these yummy blends make it easy to grab a quick cuppa. Just add to hot water. Maia sometimes adds a spoonful to her coffee (gasp!).
Make the whole thing especially yummy by adding milk or homemade nut milk (recipe below). Plus these herb blends are great in smoothies.
Best of all? Both blends feature turmeric and are full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory herbs. Andrew drinks at least 2 cups a day of Jahmu Chai and over time has noticed a positive difference in his inflammation levels. And it's effortless: when do you not want a yummy drink?
Consistency is the key to well-being. Whether you're working with herbs or diet or exercise (or all three), you want to find a way which works for you to do it daily without adding stress or complication to your life. Chai and golden milk blends for the win!
Soak 1 cup of cashews in water with a sprinkle of salt for 2-24 hours.
- 3 cups water
- a pinch of salt
- 4 dates
- a splash of vanilla or a sprinkle of cinnamon or cardamom (depending on the flavor you want)
- a splash of maple syrup
Blend on high for 2-3 minutes.
Keeps in the fridge for 5 days.
On Herbiary owner Maia Toll's blog:
- How to Ignite Your Creative Spark and Birth a Book, or Blog, or Banjo Sonata: I'd been doing creative wrong for decades. I thought ass-in-chair was about discipline and letting the Muses know I was diligent.... How do you spark creativity?
- When the World's a Hot Mess and You're Fraying at the Seams: Join me on a journey to a renewed sense of hope as I revisit American history.
- Plant Magic, Divination, and A Special Message Just for You: Could plant magic be used as an oracle system? Would it be accurate? Would it be lush, and yummy, and make your soul sing? I decided to find out!
- Hard Decisions, Dancing with Change, and Finding What's Right for You: When hard decisions present themselves, learn to get in touch with your inner-wisdom to feel into what's right for you and dance with change.